Hackney's second Town Hall, completed in 1866
Hackney's second Town Hall, completed in 1866.
Taken from the corner of Paragon Road, in the autumn or winter, the lime
tress are quite leafless.
This Town Hall was build on the former Hackeny Grove, an open space at one
time used as a paddock for sheep by local butchers. It cost £18,000.
The wings were added in 1896 at a cost of £11,000. It was demolished after the present Town Hall, built behind it, was opened in July 1937.
The site is now laid out as an ornamental garden. Date, about 1906.