Hackney Fire Station and Lower Clapton Congregational Church
Hackney Fire Station and Lower Clapton Congregational Church,
Hall and School, at the corner of Amhurst Road and Bodney Road, taken from under the railaway arch in Amhurst Road.
The latter buildings were replaced in 1938 by Downs Court, the flats and shopping parade facing the Pembury Tavern.
The fire station, an entirely different building today, the upper part converted into flats (Bodney Mansions)
now serves as a garage. Date 1893 in the summer.