(then the Clapton Registry Office),
Lower Clapton Road, taken from near the south corner of Laura Place, looking south.
This early 18th century house, still known to the occupiers by its original name,
is now partly florists and partly building contractors.
The Salvation Army Mothers Hospital is to the ight on the house in the picture.
A registry office was then equivalent of an employment agency. Date 1884, summer.