Lower Claption Road
Lower Claption Road,
from the south corner of Atherden Road, looking north towards Downs Road and Claption Pond.
The early eighteenth century British Asylum for Deaf and Dumb Females and the low houses
on the left almost up to Downs Road hve been replaced by Powell House council flats.
The Clapton Wesleyan Chapel, whose steeple can be seen in the distance gave way many years ago
to a row of shops facing Clapton Pond. Date 1906, summer.