Lea Bridge Road
Lea Bridge Road,
junction with Upper (left) and Lower (right) Clapton Roads looking east from Kenninghall Road.
The drinking fountain in the centre of the crossroads was transferred in 1908 to
the corner of Amhurst and Rectory Roads. The statuette has long disappeared. Recently it has been suggested that
it should be re-erected, with a newly designed statuette in the centre of the very large roundabout which
now occupies the whole of this site. All the shops on both corners of Lea Bridge Road were demolished in constructing
the roundabout. Date easrlt 1890's in the summer.