uob

# | moving image and photography | a second look

St Thomas's Church

St Thomas's Church at the corner of Upper Clapton Road and Oldhill (formerly Hill) Street, looking west, taken from Clapton Common. The body of the church, destroyed in World War Two was rebuilt, and re-opened in October 1958. The poster announces a public meeting at the Town Hall to discuess a water famine. Date 1893 in the summer.