uob

# | moving image and photography | a second look

Hackney Tower and old Town Hall

Hackney Tower and old Town Hall (since 1899 the Midland Bank), the Beehive and the Bohemia Place, Brodribb, the chemist, and C. Miller & Co, coal merchants, taken from the south corner of Amhurst Road, just under the railway bridge. Only the Tower and the bank survived bombing in World War Two. Date 1908 (in summer).